Funding & Grants
We know that school budgets don’t always allow for everything you need. Luckily, there are multiple ways that you can obtain funding, such as from grants or donations. We’ve provided a list of ideas to help you get started, but each community has its own resources, so be sure to do your research!
Want to discuss additional ideas? Contact us at 919.266.1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Clubs (Kiwanis, Lions, Rotary, etc.)
Chamber of Commerce
Law enforcement/Fire departments
Foundations & Corporations
Bill Gates Foundation
USA.gov (for nonprofits)
Private learning centers
Local Board of Education
Character Education Books & Curriculums
From books to games, there are so many fun and memorable ways to introduce and reinforce character education. Here are just a few examples of resources that we have heard many of our clients use.
- Character Matters: How to Help Our Children Develop Good Judgment, Integrity, and Other Essential Virtues
- What Do You Stand For? (Character Building Card Game)
- Create a Culture of Kindness in Middle School: 48 Character-Building Lessons to Foster Respect and Prevent Bullying
- Creative Teaching Press – Character Education Readers
- What’s Under Your Cape? — Superheroes of the Character Kind
Have you come across a program that’s made a difference in your school and you’d like to let other schools know? We’d love to hear about it!